A step by step guide to painting your own paper mâché letters for home decor and any occasion.
- Hobbycraft mini mâché home kit 10cm. http://www.hobbycraft.co.uk/
- Acrylic paint – white and black (Final colour(s) are optional of your choice ) from Yellow Moon. http://www.yellowmoon.org.uk/
- 1 Paint brush or buy the bumper sets from Yellow Moon. http://www.yellowmoon.org.uk/
- PVA glue from Hobbycraft http://www.hobbycraft.co.uk/
- Glitter pot from Hobbycraft http://www.hobbycraft.co.uk/
How to make
- Base coat your letters in white Arcylic paint and leave to dry.
- Paint 2 coats of black Arcylic paint on each of the letters and leave to dry.
- Paint PVA glue to the areas you want to sprinkle glitter on.
- Sprinkle silver glitter on the painted PVA areas and shake off any excess glitter and leave to dry.
- Optional – paint 1 coat of varnish over the letters to seal the paint and glitter.
Tips and hints
- You can paint any size letters from mini 10cm to 30cm or more.
- If you don’t want to use paper mâché letters you can use wooden letters buy from a craft store or online.
- You can choose any colours/paint effects – example pearlised Arcylic paint to complete your letters to match your home decor or occasion.
- You can use spray paint as an alternative to painting to complete your letters.
- You don’t have to use glitter to finish off your design, you can add buttons, stickers, jewels, bows, even add painted shapes – create with templates to the affected areas you want to paint on.
Popluar words to paint
- Names or initials
- Mr & Mrs
Happy crafting! Love Coultons Crafts X